Definitions: Canoe - a long narrow open boat with sharp ends and curved sides which is usually propelled by one bladed paddles. Mostly constructed from fibreglass, aluminum, wood, or composites. River Kayak (aka whitewater kayak) - a shorter closed craft usually made of plastic and propelled with a two bladed paddle. Usually only designed for one person. Sea Kayak - a longer closed craft with rudder controls which can seat either one or two people. Also propelled with a two bladed paddle. Dragon Boating - large canoes designed for racing. Propelled by many people with one bladed paddles. Canoeing and Kayaking Water Sports Sports.
Canoeing is a sport or recreational activity which involves paddling a canoe with a single-bladed paddle. (wikipedia)
- Canoe and Kayak diving - Canoe diving and Kayak diving are recreational diving where the divers paddle to a diving site in a canoe or kayak carrying all their gear in or on the boat to the place they want to dive.
- Canoe and kayak diving - Canoe diving and Kayak diving are recreational diving where the divers paddle to a diving site in a canoe or kayak carrying all their gear in or on the boat to the place they want to dive.
- Canoeing - Canoeing is an activity which involves paddling a canoe with a single-bladed paddle. Some common meanings of the term are limited to when the canoeing is the central purpose of the activity.
- Canoe livery - A canoe livery or canoe rental is a business engaged in the boat livery of canoes or kayaks. It is typically found on or near streams, rivers, or lakes that provide good recreational opportunities.
- Canoe marathon - Canoe marathon is a paddling sport in which athletes paddle a kayak or canoe over a long distance to the finish line. While the International Canoe Federation states the standard distances are up to 30 km, many races are significantly longer.
- Extreme racing - Extreme racing involves paddling a kayak down a section of hard whitewater. The race is similar to a timed version of creeking. The rivers used for this sport are typically class V, containing waterfalls and dangerous rapids. Races may have mass-starts or individual timed runs.
- International Scale of River Difficulty - The International Scale of River Difficulty is an American system used to rate the difficulty of a stretch of river, or a single rapid. The scale was created by the American Whitewater Association for the purpose of evaluating rivers throughout the world, hence International in the title.
- International scale of river difficulty - The international scale of river difficulty is an American system used to rate the difficulty of navigating a stretch of river, or a single rapid. The scale was created by the American Whitewater Association to evaluate rivers throughout the world, hence international in the title.
- Kayaking - Kayaking is the use of a kayak for moving across water. It is distinguished from canoeing by the sitting position of the paddler and the number of blades on the paddle.
- Outline of canoeing and kayaking - The following outline is provided as an overview of canoeing and kayaking: Canoeing ? recreational boating activity or paddle sport in which you kneel or sit facing forward in an open or closed-decked canoe, and propel yourself with a single-bladed paddle, under your own power.
- Playboating - Playboating is a discipline of whitewater kayaking or canoeing where the paddler performs various technical moves in one place, as opposed to downriver whitewater canoeing or kayaking where the objective is to travel the length of a section of river.
- Information Canoe Trips in Northwestern Ontario www
Information on paddling the lakes, Trips in Northwestern Ontario, rivers and provincial parks in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. Canoe Trips in Northwestern Ontario.
- Independent Playak www
Independent information portal for freestyle and extreme paddling. Playak. Worldwide information on events, playspots, kayaks, waterfalls, and technique. Playak.
- How The Paddling Chef www
How to pack, Paddling Chef, carry and cook outdoor meals for kayaking and canoeing trips. Includes sample recipes. The Paddling Chef.
- Robert Holeriders www
Robert Faubert is a professional adventure sports photographer specializing in capturing whitewater kayaking, Holeriders, rafting, and canoeing upon film. Samples are shown. Holeriders.
- About.com Paddling www
About. Paddling.com articles and links. Paddling.
- Offers Paddling Knots www
Offers clear illustrations of knots useful in paddling. Paddling Knots.
- Offers PaddlingLight www
Offers information, PaddlingLight, articles and reviews about lightweight canoeing and kayaking. PaddlingLight.
- Offers Shiawassee River www
Offers information on paddling, River, by canoe or kayak, the Shiawassee Shiawassee River.
- Information Ken's Temporary Kayak Pages www
Information on how building Euro and Greenland paddles, Temporary Kayak Pages, wood strip kayak construction, glassing, and extensive photographs. Ken's Temporary Kayak Pages.
- Summary Surfing Outrigger Canoe Project www
Summary of building an 18 foot surf canoe. Outrigger Canoe Project. Includes project log, materials list, and summary of the construction steps. Surfing Outrigger Canoe Project.
- Provides The Open Canoe Group www
Provides information on open canoes, Open Canoe Group, technique, equipment, wilderness travel, freestyle, and white water. [German and English] The Open Canoe Group.
- Natalie Hudson Bay Bound www
Natalie and Ann, Bay Bound, graduates of St. Olaf College, will be the first two women to paddle a canoe from Minneapolis, Minnesota to York Factory on Hudson Bay. Hudson Bay Bound.
- Canoe Canoe and Kayak Product Reviews www
Canoe and kayak product opinions from people who use them from Paddling. and Kayak Product Reviews.net. Canoe and Kayak Product Reviews.
- Features Kayaking.org www
Features kayaking destinations from all over the world. Kayaking.org.
- Information PhillyPaddler www
Information for Pennsylvania, PhillyPaddler, New Jersey, Maryland and Delaware canoe and kayak enthusiasts. Forum, USGS gauges, weather, river and tide data, how-to tutorial articles and videos and river maps. PhillyPaddler.
- Race Animal Upper Gauley Race www
Race in West Virginia, Upper Gauley Race, United States. Includes event information, pictures, and registration. Animal Upper Gauley Race.
- The Bradford West Gwillimbury's Marsh Mash www
The race involves canoes, West Gwillimbury's Marsh Mash, kayaks, marathon canoes and outriggers. This race is for recreationalists, and competitive canoe/kayakers. Canada. Bradford West Gwillimbury's Marsh Mash.
- Calendrier Fédération tahitienne de Va'a www
Calendrier des compétitions, tahitienne de Va'a, la formation, actualités, clubs, photos. Fare hotu, Polynésie française (987), France. Fédération tahitienne de Va'a.
- Site Le kayak et la mer www
Site portail sur la pratique du kayak de mer. kayak et la mer. Articles classés par thémes : sécurité, matériel, navigation, trucs et astuces. Le kayak et la mer.
- Offers Action Sports Maui www
Offers windsurfing, Sports Maui, kitesurfing, surfing and paragliding instruction in Hawaii. Action Sports Maui.
- Devoted Reginald's Wonderful World of Toobing www
Devoted to the joy of floating on slow moving, Wonderful World of Toobing, flatwater, rivers on an innertube, focusing on rivers in the Southeastern United States. Reginald's Wonderful World of Toobing.
- Alexa: Canoeing and Kayaking Water Sports
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Canoeing and Kayaking Water Sports
- DMOZ: Canoeing and Kayaking Water Sports
dmoz.org Directory: Canoeing and Kayaking Water Sports