This sport involves jumping a rope being twirled by other participants. Often a recreational activity, or a training activity for other sports such as boxing, but is also a competitive sport in its own right. Rope Skipping Sports.
- Wikipedia: A skipping rope or jump rope is a tool used in the sport of jump rope where one or more participants jump over a rope swung so that it passes under their feet and over their heads. There are multiple subsets of jump rope including: single freestyle, single speed, pairs, three person speed, and three person freestyle. The events are often separated by gender and age. There are hundreds of competitive teams all around the world. There are a few major organisations that support jump rope as a sport as seen below, schools rarely have jump rope teams, and states do not sanction official events for high school or elementary school. In freestyle events, jumpers use a variety of basic and advanced techniques in a routine of one minute, which is judged by a head judge, content judges, and performance judges. In speed events, a jumper alternates their feet with the rope going around the jumper every time one of their feet hit the ground for 30 seconds, one minute, or three minutes.
- Chinese jump rope - Chinese jump rope, also known as Chinese ropes, jumpsies, elastics, yoki, French skipping, American ropes/Chinese ropes, and gummitwist, is a children's or girls' game resembling hopscotch and jump rope.
- Aerobic exercise
- Physical activity and dexterity toys
- Traditional toys
- Games of physical skill
- Demonstrations Rope Masters www
Demonstrations and instructional materials for all ages by world champion rope jumper, Masters, Peter Nestler. Includes podcast, testimonials, pictures, and videos. Rope Masters.
- A Jump Rope Videos www
A collection of single rope and double Dutch jump rope videos from around the world with commentary by former world champion Chris Holmes. Jump Rope Videos.
- Details World of Rope Jumping www
Details of Mark Rothstein's workshops and Jump Against Drugs school assembly programs. World of Rope Jumping.
- Providing Sports Skipping for Schools www
Providing a fun and progressive skipping programme for schools to encourage pupils to become fitter, Skipping for Schools, healthier and learn how to skip-hop. Sports Skipping for Schools.
- Their The Jump Rope Institute www
Their goal is to motivate and encourage people to use jump rope for sports and fitness. Jump Rope Institute. Includes illustrations of methods, benefits of the sport, and training programs. The Jump Rope Institute.
- Profile, Foothill Force Jump Rope Team www
Profile, Force Jump Rope Team, calendar, competitions, photos and links. Located in the Foothill area of Los Angeles County, California, U.S. Foothill Force Jump Rope Team.
- A Kangaroo Kids www
A competition and demonstration team from Simpsonville, Kids, Maryland. Features team information, schedules, and team successes. Kangaroo Kids.
- Rulebook, European Rope Skipping Organization www
Rulebook, Rope Skipping Organization, news, country contacts, skills list, materials directory, results, and pictures. European Rope Skipping Organization.
- Jump Jump Rope UK www
Jump rope training specialists for schools, Rope UK, colleges and clubs. Profile, photos and contacts. Jump Rope UK.
- Includes Ultra Speed Ropes www
Includes speed ropes, Speed Ropes, double Dutch, and videos. Ultra Speed Ropes.
- Information JumpRope.com www
Information on the benefits of skipping, JumpRope.com, choosing your rope, plus online store with full catalogue of ropes and resources. JumpRope.com.
- Alexa: Rope Skipping Sports
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Rope Skipping Sports
- DMOZ: Rope Skipping Sports
dmoz.org Directory: Rope Skipping Sports