This sport involves jumping a rope being twirled by other participants. Often a recreational activity, or a training activity for other sports such as boxing, but is also a competitive sport in its own right. Rope Skipping Sports.
- Wikipedia: A skipping rope or jump rope is a tool used in the sport of jump rope where one or more participants jump over a rope swung so that it passes under their feet and over their heads. There are multiple subsets of jump rope including: single freestyle, single speed, pairs, three person speed, and three person freestyle. The events are often separated by gender and age. There are hundreds of competitive teams all around the world. There are a few major organisations that support jump rope as a sport as seen below, schools rarely have jump rope teams, and states do not sanction official events for high school or elementary school. In freestyle events, jumpers use a variety of basic and advanced techniques in a routine of one minute, which is judged by a head judge, content judges, and performance judges. In speed events, a jumper alternates their feet with the rope going around the jumper every time one of their feet hit the ground for 30 seconds, one minute, or three minutes.
- Chinese jump rope - Chinese jump rope, also known as Chinese ropes, jumpsies, elastics, yoki, French skipping, American ropes/Chinese ropes, and gummitwist, is a children's or girls' game resembling hopscotch and jump rope.
- Aerobic exercise
- Physical activity and dexterity toys
- Traditional toys
- Games of physical skill
- A Jump Rope Videos www
A collection of single rope and double Dutch jump rope videos from around the world with commentary by former world champion Chris Holmes. Jump Rope Videos.
- Demonstrations Rope Masters www
Demonstrations and instructional materials for all ages by world champion rope jumper, Masters, Peter Nestler. Includes podcast, testimonials, pictures, and videos. Rope Masters.
- Providing Sports Skipping for Schools www
Providing a fun and progressive skipping programme for schools to encourage pupils to become fitter, Skipping for Schools, healthier and learn how to skip-hop. Sports Skipping for Schools.
- Their The Jump Rope Institute www
Their goal is to motivate and encourage people to use jump rope for sports and fitness. Jump Rope Institute. Includes illustrations of methods, benefits of the sport, and training programs. The Jump Rope Institute.
- Details World of Rope Jumping www
Details of Mark Rothstein's workshops and Jump Against Drugs school assembly programs. World of Rope Jumping.
- A The Heartbeats www
A jump rope team based in Ohio, Heartbeats, US. Includes list of performances and some competition results. The Heartbeats.
- A Iowa Skippers www
A demonstration team from Cedar Rapids, Skippers, Iowa. Features team information, images, and movies. Iowa Skippers.
- Lists National Double Dutch League www
Lists the history of the game, Double Dutch League, press releases, upcoming events, and products for sale. National Double Dutch League.
- Jump Jump Rope UK www
Jump rope training specialists for schools, Rope UK, colleges and clubs. Profile, photos and contacts. Jump Rope UK.
- Offers Hyperformance Jump Ropes www
Offers jump ropes with a patented swivel bearing system; includes rope skipping sport news. Hyperformance Jump Ropes.
- Custom The Jump Rope Store www
Custom colored jump ropes in 5 different lengths. The Jump Rope Store.
- Alexa: Rope Skipping Sports
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Rope Skipping Sports
- DMOZ: Rope Skipping Sports
dmoz.org Directory: Rope Skipping Sports