Sites that primarily offers information, training, and support to the physically challenged in the Martial Arts. Disabled Martial Arts Sports.
Disability is an impairment that may be physical, cognitive, intellectual, mental, sensory, developmental, or some combination of these that results in restrictions on an individual's ability to participate in what is considered "normal" in their everyday society. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A disability is an impairment that may be cognitive, developmental, intellectual, mental, physical, sensory, or some combination of these. It substantially affects a person's life activities and may be present from birth or occur during a person's lifetime.
- Disability Category
- Frailty syndrome - Frailty is a common geriatric syndrome that embodies an elevated risk of catastrophic declines in health and function among older adults. Frailty is a condition associated with ageing, and it has been recognized for centuries.
- Physiological functional capacity - Physiological functional capacity is the ability to perform the physical tasks of daily life and the ease with which these tasks can be performed. PFC declines at some point with advancing age even in healthy adults, resulting in a reduced capacity to perform certain physical tasks.
- A International Disabled Self Defense Association www
A non-profit organization which features news, Disabled Self Defense Association, events, FAQs, seminars, links, products, and contact information. International Disabled Self Defense Association.
- Teaching Natural Motion Martial Arts www
Teaching a style called Broken Wing Kenpo, Motion Martial Arts, that has been designed specifically for the needs of the physically challenged, disabled and stroke survivors. Contains details about the instructor, programs, and contact information for this school in Scarborough, Maine, USA. Natural Motion Martial Arts.
- Several FightingArts.com - Martial Arts and the Disabled www
Several articles on teaching, Martial Arts and the Disabled, personal experiences and techniques. FightingArts.com - Martial Arts and the Disabled.
- Interview AM Archive - Blind Judo Champion www
Interview with a top judo competitor who also happens to be blind. AM Archive - Blind Judo Champion.
- Information Judo for Blind Athletes www
Information for blind judo students, for Blind Athletes, coaches and athletes. Judo for Blind Athletes.
- News, International Martial Arts Federation of the Deaf www
News, Martial Arts Federation of the Deaf, links, organizational outline, and competition details for martial arts activities for hearing-impaired individuals. International Martial Arts Federation of the Deaf.
- Online The DRM WebWatcher: Sports and Recreation (General) www
Online resources about sports and recreation for people with disabilities. DRM WebWatcher: Sports and Recreation (General). The DRM WebWatcher: Sports and Recreation (General).
- Information Disabled Sportsperson Information www
Information about hunting and fishing for the disabled. Sportsperson Information. Includes Canadian and US rules, equipment, organizations and personal story. Disabled Sportsperson Information.
- Alexa: Disabled Martial Arts
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Disabled Martial Arts
- DMOZ: Disabled Martial Arts
dmoz.org Directory: Disabled Martial Arts