Martial Arts is a term that is used for various forms of combat, self defense, and sport combat. This can include both unarmed and armed. Although many think of the Eastern disciplines when you hear the words Martial Arts, it really includes all forms of combat from many regions of the world. For example, Fencing and Boxing would be a martial arts from the West. Although Martial Arts is listed under the Sports section, it is much more and many disciplines are used for recreation, health-fitness, military training, spirituality, and of course self defense to name a few. Martial Arts Sports.
Martial arts are codified systems and traditions of combat practices, which are practiced for a variety of reasons: as self-defense, military and law enforcement applications; as competition, physical fitness, mental and spiritual development; as well as entertainment and the preservation of a nation's intangible cultural heritage . (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Martial arts are codified systems and traditions of combat practices, which are practiced for a number of reasons: as self-defense, military and law enforcement applications, mental and spiritual development; as well as entertainment and the preservation of a nation's intangible cultural heritage.
- Martial arts Category
- Mental training
- Combat sports
- Performing arts
- Individual sports
- AikiWeb Aikido Information www
Extensive repository for Aikido information including dojo listing, Aikido Information, articles, and discussion forums. Maintained by Jun Akiyama.
- A Aikido FAQ www
A resource for Aikido information, FAQ, organized by category. Aikido FAQ.
- A zumZumzum www
A Capoeira resource of music, zumZumzum, videos and images. zumZumzum.
- Link The Capoeira's WebRing www
Link exchange for sites relative to the art. The Capoeira's WebRing.
- Features The Christian Martial Arts Network www
Features links to associations, Christian Martial Arts Network, schools, and web resources. News, media, and sales of books also included. The Christian Martial Arts Network.
- Features Christian Response www
Features articles on various aspects of eastern martial arts and how it relates to Christianity. Christian Response.
- Origin Southern California Schools of Oom Yung Doe www
Origin and history, California Schools of Oom Yung Doe, school locations and events. Southern California Schools of Oom Yung Doe.
- Teaches School of Mind and Body Harmony www
Teaches the Oom Yung Doe Grand master Iron Kim style. Mind and Body Harmony. Benefits, programs, schedule, instructors, style origins, events and links. [Stoneham, MA] School of Mind and Body Harmony.
- A International Disabled Self Defense Association www
A non-profit organization which features news, Disabled Self Defense Association, events, FAQs, seminars, links, products, and contact information. International Disabled Self Defense Association.
- Teaching Natural Motion Martial Arts www
Teaching a style called Broken Wing Kenpo, Motion Martial Arts, that has been designed specifically for the needs of the physically challenged, disabled and stroke survivors. Contains details about the instructor, programs, and contact information for this school in Scarborough, Maine, USA. Natural Motion Martial Arts.
- Karate The Gold Cup Circuit www
Karate Tournaments in the San Francisco Bay Area. Gold Cup Circuit. All martial arts styles welcome. Cash Prizes and trophies are awarded. The Gold Cup Circuit.
- World US Open Martial Arts www
World Karate tournament held in Orlando, Open Martial Arts, Florida. Breaking, self-defense, musical forms, weapon forms, traditional forms, open forms, point fighting, and continuous fighting. US Open Martial Arts.
- Alexa: Martial Arts Sports
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Martial Arts Sports
- DMOZ: Martial Arts Sports
dmoz.org Directory: Martial Arts Sports