In 1895, when 12 clubs decided to split from the Northern Rugby Football Union, few could have envisaged that 100 years later, the game of rugby league would become the second most popular spectator sport in Britain and spread as far and wide as Australia, New Zealand and even Papua New Guinea. Two teams take part in a game of rugby league with 13 players on each team at "kick off". Each team also have 4 substitutes-replacements available to bring on at any appropriate moment in the game. Each teams "13" is made up of 7 "backs" and 6 "forwards". The backs are generally regarded as the attacking players and usually have more pace than the bigger more powerful forwards who are usually the "yard" makers. Rugby League Football Sports.
Rugby league football, usually called rugby league, league, rugby or football, is a full contact sport played by two teams of thirteen players on a rectangular field. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Rugby league football is a full-contact sport played by two teams of thirteen players on a rectangular field. One of the two codes of rugby, it originated in Northern England in 1895 as a split from the Rugby Football Union over the issue of payments to players. Its rules progressively changed with the aim of producing a faster, more entertaining game for spectators.
- Rugby league Category
- History of rugby league - The history of rugby league as a separate form of rugby football goes back to 1895 in Huddersfield, West Riding of Yorkshire when the Northern Rugby Football Union broke away from England's established Rugby Football Union to administer its own separate competition.
- Playing rugby league
- Rugby league nines - Rugby league nines is a version of rugby league football played with nine players on each side. The game is substantially the same as full rugby league, with some differences in rules and shorter games.
- Tag Rugby (OzTag) ? a completely non-contact version of rugby league.
- Touch football ? an almost non-contact version.
- League tag ? A semi-contact version of Rugby League.
- Football codes
- Sports originating in England
- Team sports
- Ball games
- National Rugby League www
Provides news and information for all levels, Rugby League, including draws, statistics, results and team profiles.
- Rugby So You Think You Know Rugby League www
Rugby League quiz played against the clock. So You Think You Know Rugby League.
- Provides League Freak www
Provides news and information from around the globe, Freak, with a forum, podcasts and articles. League Freak.
- Hyperlinked Wikipedia - Rugby League www
Hyperlinked encyclopedia article about the sport including competition, Rugby League, players and tactics. Wikipedia - Rugby League.
- Official New South Wales Rugby League www
Official website of New South Wales Rugby League (NSWRL) - information about the 1st Division, South Wales Rugby League, Jersey Flegg, Metro Cup, SG Ball, Harold Matthews, State of Origin competitions. New South Wales Rugby League.
- Offers Webring: Rugby League www
Offers a list of over three hundred sites. Webring: Rugby League.
- Informations Page 13 www
Informations sur ce sport. Page 13.
- Informations Paris Charenton XIII www
Informations sur ce club, Charenton XIII, Paris, France. Paris Charenton XIII.
- The Rugby League Ireland www
The official site with news, League Ireland, information, history, teams, fixtures, and photographs. Rugby League Ireland.
- News Rugby League in New Zealand www
News and information including teams, League in New Zealand, calendar, competitions, results, news, chat and links. Rugby League in New Zealand.
- News Telegraph Sport : Rugby League www
News and commentary plus results and tables. Telegraph Sport : Rugby League.
- With World of Rugby League www
With the latest news, Rugby League, results and information. World of Rugby League.
- Alexa: Rugby League Football
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Rugby League Football
- DMOZ: Rugby League Football
dmoz.org Directory: Rugby League Football