Sites listed in this section are for sports that are a bit over the edge and are not typically promoted and supported by traditional schools. Participants are of a thrill seeking nature and often consider themselves adrenaline junkies. Extreme Sports Sports.
Extreme sports (also called action sports and adventurous sports ) is a popular term for certain activities perceived as having a high level of inherent danger. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Extreme sports are recreational activities perceived as involving a high degree of risk. These activities often involve speed, height, a high level of physical exertion, and highly specialized gear.
- Action camera - An action camera or action-cam is a digital camera designed for recording action while being immersed in it. Action cameras are therefore typically compact and rugged, and waterproof at surface-level.
- Ekstremsportveko - Ekstremsportveko, or "Veko" as it is commonly called by the locals, is a festival held annually in Voss, Norway. Established in 1998 by Einar Raa Nilsen, Frode Solbakk, yvind Kindem and Even Rokne, has grown to become the world's largest extreme sports festival.
- Extreme Sports Channel - The Extreme Sports Channel is a sports and lifestyle cable, satellite and digital TV channel that launched from Amsterdam on May 1, 1999.
- Extreme tourism and adventure travel .
- World Extreme Games - The X Games is an annual extreme sports event hosted, produced, and broadcast by ESPN. Coverage is also shown on ESPN's sister network, ABC. The inaugural X Games were held during the summer of 1995 in Newport, Rhode Island.
- Urban exploration - Urban exploration is the exploration of man-made structures, usually abandoned ruins or not usually seen components of the man-made environment.
- Sports by type
- Norwegian Ekstremsportveko www
Norwegian extreme sports week involving base jumping, Ekstremsportveko, skydiving, paragliding, rafting, kayak, climbing, and mountainbike. Includes photos, results, videos, and sign up information. Ekstremsportveko.
- Specializes Grindco Productions www
Specializes in all aspects of extreme sports entertainment; from conception to marketing. Productions. Specializes in skateboarding, snowboarding, ski jumping, BMX, FMX and personal watercraft racing. Grindco Productions.
- Features Camp Woodward www
Features tips and tricks for inline skating, Woodward, skateboarding, and freestyle BMX racing. Camp Woodward.
- Information Air Above Water www
Information about cliff jumping. Above Water. Includes photos, jumpers profiles, and directions to each jump site. Air Above Water.
- Features Ripboard www
Features photos, Ripboard, video clips, general information, and equipment of riverboarding whitewater at face level. Ripboard.
- A Kiiking www
A new sport-art from Estonia. Kiiking. Features history, events, mission, photo gallery and services. Kiiking.
- Features Extreme Bros www
Features BMX, Bros, climbing, skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing and wakeboarding. Includes news, events, forums, photos, videos, tricks and tips. Extreme Bros.
- Online EXPN.com www
Online version of ESPN's action sports network covering skateboarding, EXPN.com, snowboarding, surfing, inline skating, BMX, Motocross and X Games. Includes photos, events, tricks and tips, athlete columns, biographies, videos, and contests. EXPN.com.
- Founded International Gravity Sports Association www
Founded to support downhill inline skating, Gravity Sports Association, street luge, buttboarding, downhill skateboarding, and gravity biking. Includes news, rules, events, rider interviews, and links to related sites. International Gravity Sports Association.
- AR Elemenja: Gateway to Adventure Racing www
AR event calendars, Gateway to Adventure Racing, training tips, trip reports, gear reviews and gear. Elemenja: Gateway to Adventure Racing.
- Offers Adventure Race Reports www
Offers message board with reports, Race Reports, stories and articles. Also features a world wide calendar with links to related sites. Adventure Race Reports.
- Northern Dirtheads www
Northern California mountainboarding organization. Dirtheads. Offers gear, events calendar and a picture gallery. Dirtheads.
- Ironsides Ironsides Court Farm www
Ironsides Court Farm Mountainboard Centre is based near Hereford, Court Farm, UK and caters for all levels of riders from beginners to experts. Ironsides Court Farm.
- For Flatland Land www
For flatlanders with detailed trick tips with pictures and a links section. Flatland Land.
- Mostly Freestyl'n RIders www
Mostly about the Austin freestyle scene. RIders. Mostly bikes, but includes boards and blades also. Freestyl'n RIders.
- Features Basejumping.co.uk www
Features photos for building, Basejumping.co.uk, antenna, span and earth jumps by Doug Blane. Basejumping.co.uk.
- Video Over the Edge Productions www
Video production team of BASE jumping athletes, the Edge Productions, who test base gear as well as offer base jumping tours and guides in western Canada. Over the Edge Productions.
- Information Bungee.ie www
Information about the official organisation for bungee jumping in Ireland and Northern Ireland. Bungee.ie.
- Offers Bungee.com www
Offers insurance help, Bungee.com, engineering, specifications, equipment, jump site feasibility studies, tower construction, jump platform evaluation, governmental regulations and liability issues. Bungee.com.
- Adventure Break Loose www
Adventure sports directory, Loose, includes tour operators, retailers, manufacturers, hire companies, and training facilities. Articles, and regional guides included. Break Loose.
- A Ramprage www
A skateboard, Ramprage, snowboard and BMX portal with trick tips, links, forums, photos, movies and ramp plans. Ramprage.
- Alexa: Extreme Sports Sports
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Extreme Sports Sports
- DMOZ: Extreme Sports Sports
dmoz.org Directory: Extreme Sports Sports