Sites listed in this section are for sports that are a bit over the edge and are not typically promoted and supported by traditional schools. Participants are of a thrill seeking nature and often consider themselves adrenaline junkies. Extreme Sports Sports.
Extreme sports (also called action sports and adventurous sports ) is a popular term for certain activities perceived as having a high level of inherent danger. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Extreme sports are recreational activities perceived as involving a high degree of risk. These activities often involve speed, height, a high level of physical exertion, and highly specialized gear.
- Action camera - An action camera or action-cam is a digital camera designed for filming action while being immersed in it. Action cameras are therefore typically compact and rugged, and waterproof at surface.
- Ekstremsportveko - Ekstremsportveko, or "Veko" as it is commonly called by the locals, is a festival held annually in Voss, Norway. Established in 1998 by Einar Raa Nilsen, Frode Solbakk, yvind Kindem and Even Rokne, has grown to become the world's largest extreme sports festival.
- Extreme Sports Channel - The Extreme Sports Channel is a sports and lifestyle cable, satellite and internet TV channel that launched from Amsterdam on May 1, 1999. The idea and vision for the channel came from a group of passionate ambassadors for action sports.
- Extreme tourism and adventure travel .
- World Extreme Games - X Games Asia, also called the KIA X Games Asia or World Extreme Games was a sports event which focuses on Extreme sports. The inaugural World Extreme Games were held in Phuket, Thailand in 1998. They were held in Phuket until 2001, Kuala Lumpur from 2002-2004, Seoul in 2005 and in Shanghai 2014.
- Free Running - Freerunning is an acrobatic and athletic discipline founded by S bastien Foucan, who wrote a book on the subject. Foucan started what he termed "freerunning" in 2003, which he developed as a more inclusive form of parkour.
- Sports by type
- Features Ripboard www
Features photos, Ripboard, video clips, general information, and equipment of riverboarding whitewater at face level. Ripboard.
- A Kiiking www
A new sport-art from Estonia. Kiiking. Features history, events, mission, photo gallery and services. Kiiking.
- Founded International Gravity Sports Association www
Founded to support downhill inline skating, Gravity Sports Association, street luge, buttboarding, downhill skateboarding, and gravity biking. Includes news, rules, events, rider interviews, and links to related sites. International Gravity Sports Association.
- Norwegian Ekstremsportveko www
Norwegian extreme sports week involving base jumping, Ekstremsportveko, skydiving, paragliding, rafting, kayak, climbing, and mountainbike. Includes photos, results, videos, and sign up information. Ekstremsportveko.
- Specializes Grindco Productions www
Specializes in all aspects of extreme sports entertainment; from conception to marketing. Productions. Specializes in skateboarding, snowboarding, ski jumping, BMX, FMX and personal watercraft racing. Grindco Productions.
- Features Camp Woodward www
Features tips and tricks for inline skating, Woodward, skateboarding, and freestyle BMX racing. Camp Woodward.
- Features Extreme Bros www
Features BMX, Bros, climbing, skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing and wakeboarding. Includes news, events, forums, photos, videos, tricks and tips. Extreme Bros.
- Information Air Above Water www
Information about cliff jumping. Above Water. Includes photos, jumpers profiles, and directions to each jump site. Air Above Water.
- Online EXPN.com www
Online version of ESPN's action sports network covering skateboarding, EXPN.com, snowboarding, surfing, inline skating, BMX, Motocross and X Games. Includes photos, events, tricks and tips, athlete columns, biographies, videos, and contests. EXPN.com.
- News Indiana AR www
News and services for adventure racers and multisport enthusiasts in Indiana (USA) and surrounding states. Indiana AR.
- Based Full Moon Adventure Company www
Based in Alberta and British Columbia. Moon Adventure Company. Our Adventure Racing series offers something for both seasoned and novice racers alike. Choose from a 6, 12 or 36 hour race. Full Moon Adventure Company.
- Dedicated RockBoarding www
Dedicated to boarding or skiing downhill on a rubble field and the annual race held since 1995 in the Gastern Valley in Kandersteg, RockBoarding, Switzerland. RockBoarding.
- Official Team B.A.D. www
Official site for Bristol And District All Terrain Board Club. B.A.D.. Includes news, team information, photos, event list, location reviews, and related links. Team B.A.D..
- Bykes 2000 www
20 BMX bikes discussed. 2000. Ramp plans , pictures, 100's of links , bike reviews, and tech talk. Bykes 2000.
- Official Milton Keynes Bicycle Moto-X Racing Club www
Official site with news, Keynes Bicycle Moto-X Racing Club, race reports, dates, track map, and contacts. East Anglia, England. Milton Keynes Bicycle Moto-X Racing Club.
- Features Fatality List www
Features World BASE jumping fatality list maintainted by Nick Di Giovanni. Fatality List.
- Base 321CYA Productions www
Base jumping videography, Productions, photography, stunts, production including general BASE jumping information, camera mounts, charts, how-to's, links and articles. 321CYA Productions.
- Offers The UK Bungee Club www
Offers bungee jumping from Fairlop Waters. Bungee Club. Includes dates, pricing, safety information, testimonials and photos. The UK Bungee Club.
- Offers Bungee Experience www
Offers bungee jumping from bridges throughout northern California. Experience. Includes costs and details of equipment used, information about training, consulting services, FAQs and photos. Bungee Experience.
- A Ramprage www
A skateboard, Ramprage, snowboard and BMX portal with trick tips, links, forums, photos, movies and ramp plans. Ramprage.
- Adventure GravityDex www
Adventure and extreme sports links for clubs, GravityDex, magazines, manufacturers, competition, news, and retailers. GravityDex.
- Alexa: Extreme Sports Sports
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Extreme Sports Sports
- DMOZ: Extreme Sports Sports
dmoz.org Directory: Extreme Sports Sports