Disability is an impairment that may be physical, cognitive, intellectual, mental, sensory, developmental, or some combination of these that results in restrictions on an individual's ability to participate in what is considered "normal" in their everyday society. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Disability is an impairment that may be cognitive, developmental, intellectual, mental, physical, sensory, or some combination of these. It substantially affects a person's life activities and may be present from birth or occur during a person's lifetime.
- Disability Category
- Frailty syndrome - Frailty is a common geriatric syndrome that embodies an elevated risk of catastrophic declines in health and function among older adults. Frailty is a condition associated with ageing, and it has been recognized for centuries.
- Physiological functional capacity - Physiological functional capacity is the ability to perform the physical tasks of daily life and the ease with which these tasks can be performed. PFC declines at some point with advancing age even in healthy adults, resulting in a reduced capacity to perform certain physical tasks.
- International Blind Sports Federation www
Association history, Blind Sports Federation, competition results, articles and sports-specific rules and contacts.
- Information Florida Disabled Outdoors Association www
Information for the disabled sportsman on hunting, Disabled Outdoors Association, fishing, boating, and a range of other adapted recreational activities. Florida Disabled Outdoors Association.
- Charity Challenged Athletes Foundation www
Charity providing grants to athletes with a physical disability. Athletes Foundation. History, news, grantees, newsletter and how to apply for funds. Challenged Athletes Foundation.
- Outdoor SPLORE www
Outdoor adaptive sports and activities. SPLORE. Provides information about the programs and contacts. Based in Utah. SPLORE.
- Provide Athletes Helping Athletes www
Provide handcycles, Helping Athletes, wheelchairs, prosthetics and other adaptive sports equipment to children with disabilities. Includes event list, grant application, letters from recipients, and donation information. Athletes Helping Athletes.
- Contains Hong Kong Paralympic Committee and Sports Association for the Physically Disabled www
Contains history, Kong Paralympic Committee and Sports Association for the Physically Disabled, events, press releases, newsletter, and related links. In English and Chinese. Hong Kong Paralympic Committee and Sports Association for the Physically Disabled.
- Forms, Dwarf Athletic Association of America www
Forms, Athletic Association of America, news, events, contacts and association information from this organization that promotes sports for individuals who are dwarfs as a result of chondrodysplasia or related causes. Dwarf Athletic Association of America.
- Dedicated Challenge Aspen www
Dedicated to impacting lives by presenting meaningful recreational and cultural experiences to individuals faced with mental or physical challenges Challenge Aspen.
- An Kostas Z Foundation www
An organization promoting the full participation of the disabled and the issue of accessibility. Foundation. Information and links to other such organizations. Kostas Z Foundation.
- Information Disabled Sportsperson Information www
Information about hunting and fishing for the disabled. Sportsperson Information. Includes Canadian and US rules, equipment, organizations and personal story. Disabled Sportsperson Information.
- News, World T.E.A.M. (The Exceptional Athlete Matters) Sports www
News, T.E.A.M. (The Exceptional Athlete Matters) Sports, challenges, and contact information from this international organization that develops opportunities in sports for all persons, especially persons with disabilities. World T.E.A.M. (The Exceptional Athlete Matters) Sports.
- Online The DRM WebWatcher: Sports and Recreation (General) www
Online resources about sports and recreation for people with disabilities. DRM WebWatcher: Sports and Recreation (General). The DRM WebWatcher: Sports and Recreation (General).
- Events, Skating Association for the Blind and Handicapped www
Events, Association for the Blind and Handicapped, volunteering information and contacts for this not-for-profit company that provides ice skating education for individuals with disabilities in Western New York. Skating Association for the Blind and Handicapped.
- News, Ontario Amputees and Les Autres Sports Association www
News, Amputees and Les Autres Sports Association, event summaries, adaptive rowing articles plus downloads of registration forms and schedules. Ontario Amputees and Les Autres Sports Association.
- Above One Leg Tim www
Above the knee amputee gives practical advice for those who wish to cycle, Leg Tim, including pedals, mounting and dismounting, seat height and prosthetics. One Leg Tim.
- Organization Physically Challenged Bowhunters of America www
Organization founded to assist physically disabled persons with actively participating in bowhunting and archery sports. Challenged Bowhunters of America. Events, adaptive equipment and articles. Physically Challenged Bowhunters of America.
- Calendar The United Foundation for Disabled Archers www
Calendar of events for disabled archers, United Foundation for Disabled Archers, as well as membership pricing information. The United Foundation for Disabled Archers.
- Career Bugarin, Kingsley aka Biggles www
Career history and other information about retired Paralympian Kingsley Bugarin. Bugarin, Kingsley aka Biggles.
- Personal Dude.sh www
Personal page of Steven Hubbell with articles on topics including adaptive skiing and handcycling. Dude.sh. Also includes photos and videos. Dude.sh.
- Plans, Ontario Blind Sports Association www
Plans, Blind Sports Association, promotes, co-ordinates and sanctions events and activities for blind sports. Outline and contact details. Ontario Blind Sports Association.
- Program Adaptive Sports Association Durango www
Program descriptions, Sports Association Durango, organization history, events listing, and contacts for this disabled sports program based in Durango, Colorado. Offers both summer and winter recreational activities. Adaptive Sports Association Durango.
- Offers Texas Adaptive Aquatics www
Offers water skiing instruction for the physically and mentally challenged. Texas Adaptive Aquatics.
- Committees, Canadian Cerebral Palsy Sports Association www
Committees, Cerebral Palsy Sports Association, policies, sports opportunities and contacts for Canada; in French and English [Flash required]. Canadian Cerebral Palsy Sports Association.
- Photos, SportAbility www
Photos, SportAbility, event descriptions, links and contacts for individuals with Cerebral Palsy in British Columbia, Canada. SportAbility.
- Alexa: Disabled Sports
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Disabled Sports
- DMOZ: Disabled Sports
dmoz.org Directory: Disabled Sports