Bullfighting Animal Sports Sports.
The bullfight, as it is practiced today, involves professional toreros (of whom the most senior, who actually kills the bull, is called a matador ) who execute various formal moves which have a meaning, or at least a name, according to the bullfighter's style or school. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Bullfighting is a physical contest that involves humans and animals attempting to publicly subdue, immobilise, or kill a bull, usually according to a set of rules, guidelines, or cultural expectations. There are many different forms and varieties in various locations around the world. Some forms involve dancing around or over a cow or bull, or attempting to grasp an object from the animal.
- Bullfighting Category
- Rodeo clown - A rodeo clown, bullfighter or rodeo protection athlete, is a rodeo performer who works in bull riding competitions. Originally, the rodeo clown was a single job combining "bullfighting"?the protection of riders thrown from the bull, as well as being an individual who provided comic relief.
- Ord ez (bullfighter family) - Ord ez is the name of a Spanish bullfighting family that has flourished since 1917 in Ronda. It is one of two significant bullfighting families from the same city?the other one is the Romero family.
- Romero (bullfighter family) - Romero is family of bullfighters from Ronda, Spain, dating back to the 18th century. The only other family with a comparable history in bullfighting are the Ord ez, whose founder, Cayetano Ord ez, "El Ni o de la Palmas", was also from Ronda.
- CAS International , Committee against bullfighting.
- Andalusian horse - The Andalusian, also known as the Pure Spanish Horse or PRE, is a horse breed from the Iberian Peninsula, where its ancestors have lived for thousands of years.
- Spanish Fighting Bull , bull breed used for fighting.
- Traditional sports
- Ritual slaughter
- Blood sports
- Animal killing
- School California Academy of Tauromaquia www
School of instruction for toreo in San Diego, Academy of Tauromaquia, California. Provides overview, course description, photo gallery, news, and related links. California Academy of Tauromaquia.
- Contains Jose Miguel Arroyo "Joselito" www
Contains biographical information about the bullfighter. Miguel Arroyo "Joselito". Also contains related links, professional background, past season summaries, news items, and articles. Jose Miguel Arroyo "Joselito".
- Includes Bullfighting in California www
Includes history, California, list of bullrings, directions and information about the season, and chronicles. Bullfighting in California.
- General Tauromaquia - Art of Bullfighting www
General information about bullfighting including essays, Art of Bullfighting, books and works of art. Also provides related links. Tauromaquia - Art of Bullfighting.
- Explanation Bullfighting in Spain www
Explanation of bullfighting terms, Spain, FAQs, ticket purchases, sample posters, plazas and the bullfighters. Bullfighting in Spain.
- Directory Mundo Taurino www
Directory of bullfighting sites, Taurino, as well as off line sources of information. Mundo Taurino.
- Witness Bullfight Ringside Photos www
Witness a bullfight from ringside, Ringside Photos, including the events back stage, from this photo gallery. Bullfight Ringside Photos.
- News Animal People - Dogfight on the Western Front www
News about dogfighting in Europe and the United States. People - Dogfight on the Western Front. USA. Animal People - Dogfight on the Western Front.
- Emma Observer - BSE rules threaten bullfight fiestas www
Emma Daly in Madrid. BSE rules threaten bullfight fiestas. The famous Iberian fighting bull is threatened by mad cow disease, although no case has ever been found among these privileged animals, which spend their first four years running wild and feeding on grass, hay and vegetable proteins. UK. Observer - BSE rules threaten bullfight fiestas.
- Alexa: Bullfighting Animal Sports
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Bullfighting Animal Sports
- DMOZ: Bullfighting Animal Sports
dmoz.org Directory: Bullfighting Animal Sports